Terms and Conditions
IDENTITY OF THE HANDLER
https://www.ekhohotels.com is published by United Hotels Company Limited.
Website hosting is provided by Antyra Solutions (Private) Limited, PV103313.
Browsing the Website constitutes unconditional acceptance by the Internet user of the following provisions.
NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data refers to any personal information you may provide to EKHO Hotels, which allows us – directly or indirectly – to identify you as an individual.
EKHO Hotels, COMMITMENTS’ FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Transparency and purpose: No personal information will be collected without your knowledge. Prior indication will be made of the optional or compulsory nature of information communicated to EKHO Hotels via the Website.
We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Policy and inform you of the recipients of the data.
Proportionality and relevance: We only collect and process the personal data necessary for the proper processing of your application or customization of the services proposed to you.
Necessity: We will retain your personal data only for the period required to process it.
Security and Confidentiality: We commit to taking the necessary measures to ensure the confidentiality of the data and prevent its disclosure to unauthorized third parties. In the event of a transfer of data to authorized third parties, we will take appropriate measures to guarantee the security of the transfer.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
You may be asked to provide your personal data when you visit the Website.
The data collect may include but will not be limited to personal information at every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information.
You will be informed of the compulsory or optional nature of the information requested during the collection process through the use of an asterisk. The requested information marked with an asterisk is required in order to process your requests. The other information is designed to enable us to get to know you better, for us to improve the services offered to you. It is, therefore, optional.
In particular, we collect and process your name, address, mailing address, billing address, email address, password, phone number, IP address, connection data and navigation data. Some data is collected automatically as a result of your actions on the Website.
In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as;
Surveys & Net Promoter scores: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
Social Media: If you choose to participate in EKHO Hotels social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. We may also allow you to enter into contests to provide photos, such as of your stay with us, which you may share with your connections on social media for votes, shared offers or other promotions.
Employment Applications: If you choose to apply online for employment with EKHO Hotels we ensure EKHO Hotels is committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. Where local laws impose greater obligations or restrictions on the use of personal information, or require additional information to be provided to you, the data collected will be supplemented by local policies or procedures that are specific to a particular region, country or entity.
We do not knowingly collect sensitive information, such as information concerning your race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, health or sexual orientation.
WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
• Your personal data may be collected in various ways, including when:
• you make a purchase / booking on the Website
• you browse the Website and find products or services
• you share your observations / comments with us in a comments section
• you send us an email, enquiry or submit a request form
• you subscribe to the mailing list for the newsletter
• you share a page or an offer by sending an email or through a social network
• you answer a satisfaction questionnaire
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES?
• Through its Website, our company collects the personal data strictly necessary for the following purposes:
• Managing your transactions
• Managing the loyalty programmes
• Managing your shopping cart / Improving and customizing our services
• Managing and monitoring customer relations
• Managing your newsletter subscription
• Managing operations related to prospecting
• Compiling commercial statistics
• Managing your requests to exercise your rights of access, rectification and opposition
• Managing any outstanding payments or disputes
• Managing your applications to any of our job offers that have taken your interest.
• By placing an order or supplying personal data via the Website, you can also be informed of offers from [Hotel/Corporate/Tour Operator], in the form of newsletters, emails (events and customized offers of products and services [Hotel/Corporate/Tour Operator]), or by any other means of communication.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data collected by EKHO Hotels is not passed to a third party without your prior consent.
Sensitive transactions (bank details, etc.) are transmitted securely through encryption and authentication algorithms. These secure transactions can be identified by the presence of a closed padlock in most browsers.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you (including maintaining the online user account (if created)), to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
HOW DOES BRAND.COM TREAT PERSONAL DATA OF CHILDREN?
The services offered by www.ekhohotels.com are not directed at children under 16 For children younger than 16 years old, the use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we become aware that we process information of a child under 16 years old without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, we reserve the right to delete it.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, DELETION AND OPPOSITION
You have the right to access and rectify information concerning you through a written request. You may also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of data concerning you.
To exercise any of these rights and obtain details of the information concerning you, simply contact:
No. 02, Galle Road Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
Cancellations received with on flexible rate plans, will be refunded in full less any bank charges. (If any) whereas, cancellations received on non-refundable rate plans is subject to a 100% cancellation fee and failure to arrive at the hotel is subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
If a dispute arises with regard to a reservation made with any EKHO Hotel, the reservation will have to be cancelled via email. The reservation amount will be refunded in full minus any bank charges to the credit card or a named bank account of the guest, based on the above.
It is unlikely that we will change or decline your booking once it is confirmed. However, all EKHO Hotels reserves the right to decline a reservation at any time providing you a valid cause. In such cases you will be informed as soon as we reasonably can and we will offer an alternative arrangement. In case you chose not to accept the alternative arrangement, your reservation will be cancelled and a refund will be arranged to the credit card or a named bank account.
All Refunds may take up to 21 working days from the date of reservation cancellation email.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CORPORATE GETAWAY BOOKINGS
- Blackout dates are applicable. Please contact Central Reservations on 011 558 5858 for more details
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Cancellation of existing bookings and re-booking will not be accepted.
- Bookings already confirmed for this period will not be eligible for this offer – this offer is applicable to new bookings only.
- Arrival and departure dates should fall within the defined travel period of this offer.
- Minimum of 10 rooms and above needs to be booked in order to avail this offer.
- Cancellation policy – No refunds will be arranged for early departure and no-show. If cancelled between 15 – 21 days prior to arrival, 50% from the total value of the booking will be charged. If cancelled between 0 – 14 days to arrival, 100% accommodation cost will be charged.